Thursday, May 21, 2015

Scientist creates artificial intelligence capable of creating rap lyrics – Look Digital

Talk rhyming is an ancient art that remains on the rise in recent years with background music. To this practice gives the name of “rap”. In general, the creation of these rhymes involves high creativity that could only leave the head of a human, right? Rethink. In an experiment with artificial intelligence, researchers were able to make a computer to create a rap lyrics in English.

By having highly structured letters regarding the beat and rhythm, rap is an especially simple musical style to be analyzed by a machine. But Eric Malmi, the Aalto University, Finland, shows that if a computer can analyze a letter, it is also able to create a new one.

The research involves deep learning and machine creativity. In practice, they trained a computer with an algorithm that recognize characteristics of some rap verses and choose other verses that rhyme and also deal with the same subject. Regarding the complexity of rhyme, the researchers say that the computer is able to equate to humans.

To train the machine, it was necessary to start with the inclusion of 10 000 songs from 100 different artists. As a result, the computer was able to assimilate what is common among most of the letters, among which is the assonant rhyme, with the repetition of sounds like vowels as the words “crazy” and “baby” in English.

After “mine” the database, it was time to use this knowledge. The next step was to use an algorithm called DeepBeat for a specific task: to give a series of verses of rap lyrics and make the computer choose which is the next phrase in a list that contained other lines from other songs. The machine has 82% accuracy.

Now remained the “creation”. A verse any of a letter was presented, and was the computer office search the database the next in its database. The machine sought by the best rhymes in the same subject. After choosing a verse, the process is repeated until you reach the end of the new letter.

The result is just below, a sort of “Frankenstein’s monster” made like a quilt patchwork letters dealing with theme “love.” Check out:

For a chance at romance I would love to Enhance
But everything I love has turned to the tedious task
One day we gonna have to leave our love in the past
I love my fans but no one ever puts a grasp
I love you momma I love my momma – I love you momma
And I would love to have a thing like you on my team you take care
I love it When it’s sunny Sonny girl You could be my Cher
I’m in a love affair I can not share it is not fair
Haha I’m just playin ‘ladies you know I love you.
I know my love is true and I know you love me too
Girl I’m down for whatever cause my love is true
This one goes to my man old dirty one love we be swigging brew
My brother I love you Be Encouraged man And just know
When you done let me know cause my love make you be like WHOA
If I can it do not for the love of it Then I will not
All I know is I love you too much to walk away though

Via MIT Technology Review

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment